Celebration: Meeting a Musher

Ms. Richardson came to our school to meet us with her dogs.  She is a musher.

Ms. Richardson, thank you for coming to our school to teach us about what you do when you race.  Fiona was the loudest, but the best.  Dory was nice, but she was not very playful that day.  I thought that pulling the dog sled was a fun workout for the body and the brain.  We went in circles pretending to be the dogs, and then the preschoolers pulled while we watched.  When she said mush, we would pull the sled.  Seeing a musher was so much fun!

5 thoughts on “Celebration: Meeting a Musher

1. Dear Cherie,
    A lot of the kids in your class posted how they met a musher. The special thing about your post about mushers is that you are mostly saying thank you to the musher! I wish I could be you and pretend to be a dog. If you want to see my blog, the link is http://ruaricsis21.edublogs.org/

2. Hello, Jonah. It sounds like you enjoyed learning about mushing. Meeting Ms. Richardson and the dogs sounds exciting. I imagine that mushing is a difficult job. Your picture shows how much fun mushing can be. I’m glad you had an opportunity to experience mushing.

3. I didnt know that dogs had a position called mushing. I used to had a german shepard that was very strong as well. I was wondering how strong those dogs are.

4. I think how you thanked Ms. Richardson was a lovely and kind thing to do. You certainly seemed to enjoy mushing and I love how you wondered how strong the dogs are. I wonder about that too!